Index | News & Weather | Humor | Opinions | History | City Info | Messageboard
Epitaphs from the Cemetary of Worcester Common
310. James Barber; d. Mar. 30; a. 85;
[One of the earliest recorded Fires in Worcester, is that of the " house of Mr. James Barber," consumed May 25, 1767.]
311. Zurvilah Stowell, w. of Cornelius S. (No. 292;) d. June 7 ; a. 82.
312. Miss Lucy Maccarty, [13th child of Rev. Thaddeus M.,
No. 213;] d. June 21, 1813; a. 53.
313. " Ebenezer WARTERS ;" d. Aug. 27; a. 38.
314. Mary Green, [2d] w. of Dr. John G. (No. 280) ; d. June 16, 1814; a. 74.
315. Samuel Jenison ; d. Nov. 18, 1815; a. 70. His epitaph is "The memory of the just Shall flourish when they sleep in dust."
316. John Bush; d. Jan. 28, 1816; a. 61.
[He lived in the old " Bush house," No. 228 Main St.,
now occupied by I. M. Barton.]
317. Mrs. Mary Drowne, dr. of Thomas D., "late of Boston,
deceased;" d. Oct. 21 ; a. 65.
318. Relief Stowell, w. of Abel S. (No. 3223;) d. Ap. 14,
1817; a. 62, [63, by T. R.]
"Still, still on thee shall fond remembrance dwell ! And to the world thy worth delight to tell, With surer aim, on faith's strong pinions rise,
And seek a heavenly refuge in the skies." (Ep.)
319. Mary Goddard, dr. of Samuel G. (No. 2917) d. June 26; a. 45.
320. Martha Stevens, w. of Capt. Simon S.; d. Aug. 10: a.
79, [75; by Mass. Spy.]
" Let the green leaf press gently o'er her dust,
There rest in hope till Christ shall bid it rise At the great resurrection of the just
To meet the Saviour from the opening skies." (Ep.)
321. Col. Ebenezer Lovel; d. Dec. 6; a. 88.
[He was an officer in the Revolutionary War, and a rep
resentative from Worcester to the General Court, A. D.
1777. See Linc. Hist.]
A Note About These Pages
This is the total extent of what I currently have on cemetaries in Worcester.
I don't have a list of graves from any other cemetaries available.
I don't know how to find your long lost relatives online, etc.
Futher information on this subject can be probably be found at the Worcester Historical Society. I'm not a member, and don't know much about what they have, but I'm sure it's more than I have.
This is not an official page of the city of Worcester. The views contained within this site is not from any official or funded by the city in anyway.Other Features