Epitaphs from the Cemetary of Worcester Common
Sweet is the sleep that here we take,
Until in Jesus we awake;
Then shall our happy souls rejoice
To hear our blessed Saviour's voice." (Ep.)
299. Robert Smith; d. July 4 ; a 80. [Epitaph like No. 26.] 1808.
300. Grace Flagg, w. of Lieut. Richard F. (See No. 281) ; d. at Holden, Dec. 4, 1808 ; a. 100!
301. Ebenezer Wiswall ; d. Mar. 19, 1809; a 87.
302. Mehitable Moore, w. of Nath'l M. (No. 308;) d. Ap. 25 ; a. 89.
303. Daniel Flagg, [s. of Phinehas and Rhoda F.; by T. R.] d. Mar. 12, 1810 ; a. 24;
"Christ, my Redeemer lives, And often from the skies
Looks down & watches all my dust Till lie shall bid it rise." (Ep.)
304. Lucy Flagg, dr. of John and Sarah F.; d. May 8; a. 2 y. 6 m. [Epitaph similar to No. 249.]
305. Elisabeth Flagg, dr. of Abel and Susannah F.; d. May 23; a. 7
`° So fades the lovely blooming flower, Sweet, smiling solace of an hour." (Ep.)
306. Peter Stowell ; d. July 16; a 48. [See note in No. 292,
and Linc. Mist. 321.]
307. Elijah Harrington ; d. Feb. 3, 1811; a. 77.
308. Nathaniel Moore ; d. July 11); a. 96;
[" A man of Exemplary piety and benevolence." A no
tice of his character and connections may be found in the
Mass. Spy, for July 24, 1811, quoted in Linc. 11ist. 42.]
309. Betsey Cornelia S. Ridgway, dr. of John and Betsey R.; d. Mar. 5, 1812; a. 3 ;
`° Weep not my friends, your darling child bath fled, Beyond the mansions of the sleeping dead, And rose to realms of ever-cloudless day,
Where life, and bliss, and peace holds boundless sway." (Ep.)
A Note About These Pages
This is the total extent of what I currently have on cemetaries in Worcester.
I don't have a list of graves from any other cemetaries available.
I don't know how to find your long lost relatives online, etc.
Futher information on this subject can be probably be found at the Worcester Historical Society. I'm not a member, and don't know much about what they have, but I'm sure it's more than I have.
This is not an official page of the city of Worcester. The views contained within this site is not from any official or funded by the city in anyway.Other Features