Books About Worcester
These are books about Worcester, the history and current events. Clicking on a title will bring you
Books We Recommend!
- Favorite Places of Worcester County: A Guide to Shopping, Dining,Recreation, Sightseeing, History, Facts & Fun in Central Massachusetts by Lawrence J. Abramoff
Excellent resource, reasonably priced, this is one of the books even local people seem to buy.
- Metro Worcester Central Mass Street Atlas
An excellent street map, I keep one of these (as well as one for Boston and one for the Cape) in my car at all times.
- Once Told Tales of Worcester County by Albert B. Southwick
An excellent book about the stories of the past, great pictures in this book, makes for a quick fun read.
- More Once Told Tales of Worcester County by Albert B. Southwick
A sequal to the above book about the stories of the past, great pictures in this book as well.
- The Worcester Account by S. N. Behrman
All about the playright Behrman, in his own words, about growing up in a close-knit community in Worcester.
The reprint contains photos, which my copy doesn't, so I can't really comment on those.
- Wish You Were Here . . . Worcester Postcards ca. 1905-1920 by Anne Morse Lyell
Out of print, I haven't even seen it yet, but an excellent looking book. Of course, if you want to see postcards of Worcester, check out my collection.
Other Books of Interest