Index | News & Weather | Humor | Opinions | History | City Info | Messageboard
Epitaphs from the Cemetary of Worcester Common
69. Perces Rice, w. of Adonijah R.: d. Jan. 6, 1760; a. *
70. Sarah E. Smith, [w. of Robert S.? No. 299.] d. Feb. 21; a. 33.
71. Rances Smith; [no other inscription; See No. 43, ante and quere, is it the same?]
72. Hannah Heywood, w. of Major Daniel II. (No 144.) d. Feb. 24; a. 64.
73. Experience Cowden, w. of Thomas C.; d. Ap. 3 ; a. 30. [By her right side is buried one male child, and by her
left, two female children. Her husband was commissioned as Capt. in 1761 during the provincial wars; Linc. Hist.]
74. Samuel Mower; d. May 8; a. 70.
75. Zephaniah Rice; d. May 10, [1730; by T. R.] a. 30. 76. Samuel.Goulding, s. of Palmer G. Jr.; d. July 17; a. 1 d.
77. Susannah Wheeler, w. of Dr. Chas. W. b. Jan. 23, 1702; d. Sept. 23, 1760; a. 58.
78. Samuel Andrew; d. Sept. 24 ; a. 46.
79. Samuel Andrew, Jr. s. of Samuel A. ; d. * * * a. 2 ? 80. Elisabeth Andrew, dr. of Samuel A.; d. * * * a. 1. 81. Elisabeth Flagg, w. of Benj. F. Esq. ; d. Nov. 31; a. 77. 82. Sarah Moore, w. of Asa Al.; d. Dec. 13; a. *
83. Margrat Hambleton, w. of James H. ; d. Feb. 14, 1761;
[Also three sons and one daughter are buried " by her side."]
84. Solomon Gates; b. Mar. *; d. May *, 1761. 85. Dr. Charles Wheeler ; d. June 3 ; a. 31.
[There seems to be no notice of him in Lincoln's History, as among the number of Worcester Physicians.]
86. Andrew McFarland ; d. June 4 ; a. 71. His epitaph is
Keep Death and Judgment
always in your eye, non's fitt to live,
but who is fitt to die."
87. Mary Green, [1st] w. of Dr. John G., (No. 280.); b. Aug. 31, 1740; d. Sept. 5, 1761.
" Her natural but especially Gracious
Endowments rendered her desirable in
life and comfortable in death." (Epitaph.)
A Note About These Pages
This is the total extent of what I currently have on cemetaries in Worcester.
I don't have a list of graves from any other cemetaries available.
I don't know how to find your long lost relatives online, etc.
Futher information on this subject can be probably be found at the Worcester Historical Society. I'm not a member, and don't know much about what they have, but I'm sure it's more than I have.
This is not an official page of the city of Worcester. The views contained within this site is not from any official or funded by the city in anyway.Other Features