Epitaphs from the Cemetary of Worcester Common
50. Janet Young, dr. of Wm. and Mary Y.; d. Sep. 11; a. 7 m. 51. Susanna Chamberlain, dr. of Jacob and Lydia C.; d.
Sep. 25; a. 5 y. 3 m.
52. Mary Barbar, dr. of Robert and Sarah B.; d. Sep. 26 ; a.
[On the opposite face of this stone which commemorates the death of Mary B. and her sister Nancy B. (ante, No. 48.) is the inscription
"Take notice, man, what here dost see,
As thou art now so once were we,
And as we'r now, so shalt thou be,
Remember man that thou must die."]
53. Capt. James Moore ; d. Sep. 29.; a. 68.
54. Thomas Gray, s. of Robert and Sarah G.; d. Oct. 7; a 7. 55. John Fisk ; d. Nov. * a. 75. 56. Elisabeth Fisk, w. of John F.; [date and age uncertain.] 57. Elisabeth Jenison, w. of Wm. J. (No. 10, ante.) ; d.
Dec. 2; a. 86.
58. John Goulding, s. of Palmer G. Jr. and Abigail G.; d. Ap.
16, 1757; a. 6 m. 2.5 d.
59. Nathaniel Paine, s. of Timothy and Sarah P.; d. Dec. 23,
[25; by T. R.] a. 8 m.
60. Joseph Goddard, s. of John and Hannah G.; d. Ap. 19,
17758; a. 8.
61. Mary Walker, w. of Adam W.; d. Dec. 13; a. 22.
62. Mary Green, dr. of John and Mary G.; b. Nov. 27, 1758;
d. Feb. 15, 1759.
63. Adam Knox ; d. Feb. 28, 1759; a. 66.
64. Elisabeth Forbush, dr. of James (No. 92.) and Margaret
F. ; d. May 21 ; a. 6.
6:i. Abigal Goulding, dr. of Palmer G. Jr.; d. May 29: a. 2
in. 9 d.
66. Hannah Taylor, dr. of Wm. and Lois T.; d. June 13,
17 59 ; a. 1 m.
67. Samuel Miller, b. in Newtown, Sept. 24, 1678; d. Sept.
9, 1759; a. 81.
68. Capt. Samuel Clark Paine, d. of Small Pox, Nov. 9; a.
32. Ile " Was commander of a Company at ye reduction of
Ticonderoga and Crown Point." (Epitaph.)
A Note About These Pages
This is the total extent of what I currently have on cemetaries in Worcester.
I don't have a list of graves from any other cemetaries available.
I don't know how to find your long lost relatives online, etc.
Futher information on this subject can be probably be found at the Worcester Historical Society. I'm not a member, and don't know much about what they have, but I'm sure it's more than I have.
This is not an official page of the city of Worcester. The views contained within this site is not from any official or funded by the city in anyway.Other Features