Epitaphs from the Cemetary of Worcester Common
29. Adonijah Rice, s. of Ezra and Silence R.; d. Oct. 14, 1753; a. 21.
[This is not the Adonijah Rice mentioned in No. 28.]
30. William Waters; b Oct. 4; d. Oct. 10, 1754?
31. John Jenison, s. of Capt. Israel J. (No. 203.) d. Jan. 15,
1755; a. 7.
32. Mary Boyden, dr. of Daniel and Mehitable B ; d. Mar. 4 ; [2; by T. R.] a. 4.
33. Katrine Moore, w. of Joseph M.; d. Mar. 12; a. 411
34. Elisabeth Taylor, w. of James T. (No. I1.) d. July 14; a. 82.
3.5. Mary Carlyle, w. of James C. (See Appendix.) d. Aug. 24; a. 34.
36. Jonathan Lynds ; d. Dec. 4 ; a 41.
[" Seven of his children" are buried by his side, but no names or dates are given.]
37. Mary Wiley; d. " * 1755; a. 4.
[The unusual mortality during this year is noticeable.]
38. John Ball; d. Jan. 11, 1756; a. 59.
39. Easter Lynds, dr. of Jonathan (No. 36.) and Elisabeth I.; d. Feb. 3 ; a. 6 y. 9 m.
40. Jonathan Gates ; d. Feb. 7 ; [1755, T. R.]; a. 73.
[His epitaph is brief: "Reader-Remember Death."] 41. John Knight, s. of John and Experience K.; d. Feb. 13;
[Feb. 15, 1757; by T. R.] ; a. 11.
42. James Taylor 3d; d. Feb. 20; a 26.
" Who was in ye fight at Lake George,
Sep. 8, 1755;" (Inscription.)
43. Frances Smith ; d. Ap. 17; a. 36.
44. Daniel IIeywood Jr. ; d. June 30; [13; by T. R.] a. 29. 4:i. Rebecca Elder, dr. of W. and Hester E ; d. July 7; a. 20. 46. Esther Elder, dr. of Wm. and Hester E; d. July 16; a. 6. 47. Thomas Goulding, s. of Palmer G. Jr.; d. Aug 20, a. 3. 48. Nancy Barbar, dr. of Robert and Sarah B.; d. Sep. 2; a.
22. [See No. 52 post.]
49. Robert Young, s. of Wm. and Mary Y.; d. Sep. 6; a. 4.
A Note About These Pages
This is the total extent of what I currently have on cemetaries in Worcester.
I don't have a list of graves from any other cemetaries available.
I don't know how to find your long lost relatives online, etc.
Futher information on this subject can be probably be found at the Worcester Historical Society. I'm not a member, and don't know much about what they have, but I'm sure it's more than I have.
This is not an official page of the city of Worcester. The views contained within this site is not from any official or funded by the city in anyway.Other Features