Index | News & Weather | Humor | Opinions | History | City Info | Messageboard
Epitaphs from the Cemetary of Worcester Common
[The first seven names following, were kindly furnished us by J. Harrington, were probably remov
Esq. They were found by him some time ago,
upoor n stonesyeddestroandbeffragmentstheof stone, cowhich ore preceding llection was made. Below these names, a few inscriptions are added which were omitted in their places.]
1. Samuel Maccarty, s. of Thaddeus Al.; d. 1755:
2. Thomas Maccarty, s. of Thaddeus M.; d. 1755.
3. James Carlyle, [husband of Mary C. No. 35, d. 1758.
4. Miss Eunice Flagg ; d. 1785. [See No. 221.]
5. Ignatius Goulding; d. 1787.
6. Feretrina Mowrey ; d. 1787.
7. James Hayward; d. 1795.
8. James How ; d. Mar. 18, 1755; a. 44.
9. Samuel Thomas; d. May 20, 1755; a. 67.
10. Janet Thomas, w. of Samuel T. (App. 9,) d. Aug. 18,
1756; a. 56.
11. Dea. Nath'l Moore; d. Nov. 25, 1761; a. 84. Same ep
itaph as No. 40.] [
12. John Smith, s. of John and Sarah S.; d. Dec. 31, 1769;
a. 6 m.
13. John Mackay, s. of Capt. Wm. and Frances M.; d. Feb.
1, 1776 ; a. 6.
14. John Taylor, s. of John and Elisabeth T.; d. a 1776; a. 1. 15. Mary Mower, dr. of Samuel and Nancy At.; d. Mar. 29,
1786; a. 6.
16. Ezra Wiley; d. June * 1795; a. 1? His mother d. 1795. 17. Mary Adams, Azubah Rice and Elizabeth Willard; d. * *
A Note About These Pages
This is the total extent of what I currently have on cemetaries in Worcester.
I don't have a list of graves from any other cemetaries available.
I don't know how to find your long lost relatives online, etc.
Futher information on this subject can be probably be found at the Worcester Historical Society. I'm not a member, and don't know much about what they have, but I'm sure it's more than I have.
This is not an official page of the city of Worcester. The views contained within this site is not from any official or funded by the city in anyway.Other Features