Epitaphs from the Cemetary of Worcester Common
274. Sally Andrews, w. of [Lieut.] Benj. A.; d. Nov. 9; a. I 34.
275. Capt. John Curtis; d. June 29, 1797, a. 90.
[Ile was engaged in the colony service, during a part of the French war, 1757. See Line. Hist.]
276. Increase Blair ; d. Nov. 11; a. 40.
[The same stone commemorates the death of his wife and two children, and has this inscription : " The monumental memorial of this group of victims to mortality, demands the passenger's tearful Remembrance.
Parents and babes together lie,
'fill Jesus call them to the sky."
See Nos. 258, '268, `,278, and note in No. 156.]
277. Miss Abigail Jenison ; b. July 30,1744; d. June 29, 1798, No longer has all healing art avails But every remedy its master fails, But when faith presents ye Saviour's death And whispers this is thine, Sweetly my rising hours advance, And peacefully decline." (Epitaph.)
27S. Huldah Blair, w. of Increase B. (see No. 276) ; d. July
9, 1798; a. 38.
279. Deborah Ilarrington, w. of Francis H. [No. 255?] ; d. Ap. 20, 1799 ; a. 84.
"'This shall be known when we are dead, And left on long record,
That ages yet unborn may read,
And trust and praise the Lord." (Ep.)
280. Dr. John Green, s. of Dr. Thomas G.; d. Oct. 029; a. 64.
[An obituary notice of Dr. G. may be found in the Mass.
Spy of Nov. 6, 1799. For notices of the highly respected
family of Greens, see Linc. Hist. p. 254.]
281. Lieut. Richard Flagg; d. at Holden, Nov. 12; a. 9'2.
[On the same stone is a memorial of his wife's decease,
(No. 300) and the inscription: " This monument is erected
by their sons Samuel & Benjamin Flagg."]
`'282. Pheba Harris, w. of Noah H. (No. 294) ; d. March 6,
1800: a. 67.
A Note About These Pages
This is the total extent of what I currently have on cemetaries in Worcester.
I don't have a list of graves from any other cemetaries available.
I don't know how to find your long lost relatives online, etc.
Futher information on this subject can be probably be found at the Worcester Historical Society. I'm not a member, and don't know much about what they have, but I'm sure it's more than I have.
This is not an official page of the city of Worcester. The views contained within this site is not from any official or funded by the city in anyway.Other Features