Epitaphs from the Cemetary of Worcester Common
283. Lucy Moore, w. of Asa M. (No. 286); d. Mar. 11 ; a.
284. Jonathan Rice [Jr.]; d. Ap. 13; a. 22.
235. Samuel Goddard, Jr. s. of Sam'l and Abigail G.; d. May 3; a. 26. [His epitaph is similar to No. 26.]
286. Asa lloore; d. June 30; a. 89.
287. Sarah Gates, w. of Simon G. (No.180); d. Sep. 30; a. 75.
" Friend, quit this stone, & look above the Skies,
The dust lies here, but virtue never dies." (Ep.)
288. Miss Lois Taylor; d. July 6, 1802; a. 22. 289. Mary Ann Barber; d. Oct. 11 ; a. 67.
290. Elisabeth Curtis, [2nd] w. of Capt. John C. (No. '275); d. Nov. 14 ; a. 90.
291. Samuel Goddard; d. June 12, 1803; a. 71.
292. Cornelius Stowell; d. Jan. 3, 1804; a. 78, [79, by T. R.]
[The weaver's shop of " Cornelius and Peter Stowell" was burnt Jan. 4, 1793. Linc. Ilist.]
293. Abigail Goddard, w. of Sam'l G. (No. 291 ;) d. Ap. S;
294. Noah Harris; d. Aug. 30; a. 70. [His epitaph is similar to No. 26.]
295. Sarah Barnard, w. of Isaac B. Esq. (No. 229;) d. Ap. 9, 1806; a 97.
296. Phinehas Flagg, s. of John and Sarah F.; d. Jan. 20, [21, by T. R.] 1807; a. 4 y. 3 m.;
" My days were few, and I but small,
]out must obey, when Christ doth call."-(Ep.)
297. Miss Katharine Drowne, dr. of Thomas D. "late of Bos, ton, deceased;" d. Jan. 23; a. 69, [70, by T. R.]
"Sweet were the hopes that cheer'd her soul
Those hopes by God were given, And tho' her body sleeps in dust,
Her soul ascends to Heaven.
298. Hannah Bush, w. of John B. (No. 316;) d. Feb. I ; a. 39 y. 11 m. ;-
A Note About These Pages
This is the total extent of what I currently have on cemetaries in Worcester.
I don't have a list of graves from any other cemetaries available.
I don't know how to find your long lost relatives online, etc.
Futher information on this subject can be probably be found at the Worcester Historical Society. I'm not a member, and don't know much about what they have, but I'm sure it's more than I have.
This is not an official page of the city of Worcester. The views contained within this site is not from any official or funded by the city in anyway.Other Features