Epitaphs from the Cemetary of Worcester Common
" Sleep on my babe
And take thy rest,
God called thee home
When he saw it best." (Ep.)
250. " Capt. Palmer Goulding [Jr.], who after a life of activity, justice and humanity, died 30 Jan. 1792, aged 69 years. This corruptible must put on incorruptible, and this mortal must put on immortality."
251. James Cook, s. of George and Phebe C.; d. July 8; a. 6.
[Epitaph similar to No. 210.]
252. Elisabeth Rice, w. of Absalom R. (No. 196) ; d. Aug.
3; a. 76.
" Deth comfortably ends
A well-spent-useful life." (Ep.)
253. Irena Wiswall, w. of Ebenezer W. (No. 301) ; d. Dec.
31 [1793, by Mass. Spy.] ; a. 76.
[Same epitaph as in No. 247 ante.]
254. George Flagg ; d. • * 1792; a. 9 m. 14 da.
[Same epitaph as in No. 249.]
255. Francis Harrington; d. July 18, 1793; a. 84; Epitaph is:
In thee shall Israel trust,
Which see their guilt forgiven,
God will pronounce the sinner Just,
And take the Saints to Heaven."
256. John Gates Rice, s. of Jonathan and Sarah R.; d. " "
1793; a. 13 y. 5. m.
[Epitaph similar to the one in 210.]
257. Capt. David Moore ; d. Feb. 25, 1794; a. 64.
258. Nancy Blair, dr. of Increase and Huldah B.; d. Ap. 11; a. 11 twos ; [See No. 276.]
259. Mrs. Martha Wiley ; d. May 6; a. 48.
260. Moses Kingsbury, only s. of Joseph and Margaret K.; d. Aug. 20; a. 20.
[" The Artillery Company, of which he was a member, paid him their tribute of respect by attending his funeral, dressed in uniform." Mass. Spy, Aug. 27.]
261. James Maynard, s. of James and Molly M.; d. Oct. 23;
a. 7 ;
Gay youth, come view My silent dust,
As here I'm laid
So soon you must." (Ep.)
A Note About These Pages
This is the total extent of what I currently have on cemetaries in Worcester.
I don't have a list of graves from any other cemetaries available.
I don't know how to find your long lost relatives online, etc.
Futher information on this subject can be probably be found at the Worcester Historical Society. I'm not a member, and don't know much about what they have, but I'm sure it's more than I have.
This is not an official page of the city of Worcester. The views contained within this site is not from any official or funded by the city in anyway.Other Features