Epitaphs from the Cemetary of Worcester Common
128. Dorothy Hubbard, w. of Dan'l H. (No. 211) ; d. Ap. 14;
129. Robert Young, s. of Wm. and Mary Y.; d. Ap. 20; a. 6. 130. Robert Barber ; d. Sep. 27 ; a. 69.
[He was one of the Scotch emigrants to Worcester.
131. Abel Heywood; d. Nov. 29; a. 40.
132. Nathan Perry, Jr., s. of Lieut. Nathan and Harriet P.;
d. Jan. 8, 1770; a. 19.
133. Capt. Palmer Goulding [Sen.] ; d. at Holden, Feb. 11;
a. 75. " He commanded a company at ye Reduction of Louis
bourg, June 17, 1745." (Ep.)
134. Abigail Goulding, w. of Palmer G. Sen.; d. at Holden * 135. Eunice Rice, dr. of Jonathan and Eunice R.; d. May
12; a. 4 y. 4 m.
136. Abigail Goulding, w. of Palmer G., [Jr.; No. 250] ; d.
May 26; a. 35.
Reader-Death is a debt to nature due
Which I have paid and so must you." (Her Ep.)
137. Esther Rice, w. of Gershom R. [Jr.; No. 197] ; d. Aug. 16; a. 73.
138. Rebekah Jones, w. of Lieut. Noah J. (No. 195) ; d. Jan. 12, 177[1?] ; a. 46. "Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord." (Ep.)
139. Hannah Taylor, w. of Othniel T. (No 190); d. Jan. 3, 1772; a. 52.
140. Capt. Thomas Sterne ; d. Jan. 16; a. 76. His epitaph is : " The grave is mine house. I have made my bed in the darkness. I have said-Corruption, thou art my father-to the worm, thou art my mother and my sister. Job xvii. 13, 14."
[Capt. Sterne was for some time an innholder in this
place, occupying a site near the present U. S. Hotel. His
wife (post No. 212) succeeded him in that station.]
141. Joseph Clark; d. June 8 ; a. 77.
142. Esther Elder, w. of Wm. E. (No. 223); d. Aug. 31 ; a. 59
143. John Flagg, d. Dec. 29 ; a. 24.
This pleasant child,
in whom we did delight, Lies here in Dust,
Now Buried From our Sight." (Epitaph.)
A Note About These Pages
This is the total extent of what I currently have on cemetaries in Worcester.
I don't have a list of graves from any other cemetaries available.
I don't know how to find your long lost relatives online, etc.
Futher information on this subject can be probably be found at the Worcester Historical Society. I'm not a member, and don't know much about what they have, but I'm sure it's more than I have.
This is not an official page of the city of Worcester. The views contained within this site is not from any official or funded by the city in anyway.Other Features