Epitaphs from the Cemetary of Worcester Common
107. Robert Gray ; d. Jan. 6, 1766; a. 69.
108. Abigail Lovel [1st] w. of Ebenezer L. (infra No. 321) ;
d. Ap. 11, 1766; a. 24 y. 8 m. and 5 d.
109. Samuel Hunt, Jr. s. of Capt. Saw'l H.; d. Ap. 29; a. 23. 110. Mrs. Perces Gates ; d. July 12 ; a. 86. 111 Mrs. A * * Chadick, w. of John C. [Jr.?] d. Dec.
112. Samuel Hunt, 3d. s. of Capt. Samuel H.; d. Dec. 28; a. 7 m.
113. Zebudah Potter, w. of Joseph P.; d. Jan. 24, 1767, a. 33 y. 5 m. 28 d.
114. Margaret Mahan, w. of Wm. M. (No. 97) ; b. Feb. 20, 1699; d. Feb. 5, 1767; a. 68.
115. John Waters, s. of John and Kesia W.; d. Feb. 11; a. 23 m.
116. Jonathan Osland ; d. Feb. 12; a. 61.
117. Mary Harris, w. of Wm. If.; d. Mar. 10; a. 67.
" In the cold mansions of the silent tomb
How still the solitude ! how deep the gloom !
Here sleeps the dust unconscious-close-confined, But far-far distant dwells the immortal mind." (Ep.)
118. Clark Newton, s. of Thaddeus and Janet N. ; b. Ap. 16,
1765 ; d. June 8, 1767.
119. Josiah Perry ; d. Sept. 16; a. 83.
120. Francis Harrington ; d. Ap. 6, 1768; a. 31.
121. Mary Heywood, w. of Major Daniel If.; d. Ap. 9; a. 65. 122. Azubah Harrington, w. of Elijah H. (No. 307); d. Apr.
27; a. 34.
123. John Chadick [Jr] ; d. July 17; a. 67.
124. John Chadick ; d. Sept. * ; a. 86.
125. John Curtis, s. of Capt. John C. (No. 275) ; d. Dec. 10;
126. Gershom Rice ; d. Dec. 19; a. 102!
[He was one of the " fathers of the town," and occupied many situations of public trust and confidence. The first
place of worship in Worcester was at his house. See Line. Hist.]
127. Lydia Chamberlain, w. of Dea. C. (No. 236) ; b. in Newtown, May 4, 1724; d. Dec. 29, 1768.
A Note About These Pages
This is the total extent of what I currently have on cemetaries in Worcester.
I don't have a list of graves from any other cemetaries available.
I don't know how to find your long lost relatives online, etc.
Futher information on this subject can be probably be found at the Worcester Historical Society. I'm not a member, and don't know much about what they have, but I'm sure it's more than I have.
This is not an official page of the city of Worcester. The views contained within this site is not from any official or funded by the city in anyway.Other Features