How To Tell You Are From Massachusetts....
- The person driving in front of you is going 70 mph and you are cursing him for going too slow.
- The fact that Routes 128 and 95 are pretty much the same thing doesn't confuse you.
- When ordering a tonic, you mean a coke... not water with bubbles.
- You can navigate a rotary without a problem.
- You almost feel insulted when someone doesn't flip you off when you cut them off, or steal their parking space, etc.
- You know how to pronounce towns like Worcester, Haverhill and Cotuit
- You have driven to New Hampshire on a Sunday in order to get beer
- You know that there are two Bulger brothers (both are crooks.. but, you know there are two)
- You have been to Fenway Park
- You knew that there was no chance in Hell that the Patriots would move to Hartford (Ha! Ha!)
- You laugh at all of the other states in New England
- You know of at least 1 diner or food vendor to get something to eat after last call
- You can actually find your way around Boston
- You have spent at least 1 weekend at UMass
- The curse of the Bambino is taught in public schools
- You refer to the New York Yankees as the Devil's Bitches or something worse
- Colleges are used as landmarks for directions (i.e., Go past MIT until you hit Harvard. Take a right and go past Lesley. Keep going until you get to Tufts. (actual directions).
- Doug Flutie is the greatest athlete ever
- Evacuation Day is a recognized holiday
- You know at least 1 guy either named Sean, Pat, White, Red, O.B. or Seamus
- You think the rest of the country owes you for having things like Thanksgiving and independence.
- As a kid you laughed at the kids down south who never got to have 'snow days'
- You feel that the rest of the world needs to drive more like you
- The Beanpot is a hockey tournament not a serving container
- You take great pride in Cheers
- You can recognize a Revere girl simply by looking at her hair
- You know exactly where you were when Buckner missed the ball
- You know that there is a bigger difference between Roxbury and West Roxbury than just a direction
- Somebody calls you a Masshole and you take it as a compliment.
- And, the final and most prominent way to know that you are from Massachusetts... You do not recognize the letter "R" as a part of speech