Epitaphs from the Cemetary of Worcester Common
193. Samuel Rice ; d. Feb. 10; a. 89.
194. Maria Barber, w. of Joseph B; d. Ap. 7; a. 39 y. 8 m. 195. Lieut. Noah Jones; d. July 6; a. 70.
" Beneath this ston's inter'd the bons,
Ali ! frail Remains-Lieut. Noah Jones." (His epitaph!)
196. Absalom Rice ; d. July 27; a. 72. " He lived 69 years in this town." (Inscription.)
197. Lieut. Gershom Rice; d. Sept. 24; a. 85.
198. John Nazro, s. of John and Mary N. ; d. Oct. 23; a. 21 mos.
199. William Harris; d. Mar. 29, 17S2; a. 8.-2.
" Our age to seventy years is set,
How short the time! how frail the State ! But if a longer time we live, In pain and trouble we survive." (Ep.)
200. James Tanner, formerly of Newport; d. [Ap. 8, T. R.] 1782 ; a. 68.
" And I heard a voice from Heaven, Saying unto me,-Write, blessed are the Dead who die in the Lord." (Ep.)
[Mr. Tanner was formerly an innholder of this place.]
201. Joel Howe, Jr., s. of Joel and Mary H ; b. June 2 ; d. June 16.
" Happy the Babb,
from sin & grief remov'd, To rest above,
Where God is-truly loved." (Ep.)
2021. Arad Brown, s. of Lieut. Sam'l and Abigail B ; d. Aug.
31; a. 7 in.
203. Capt. Israel Jenison ; d. Sept. 19; a. 69. [See epitaph
ante No. 159.]
204. Faith Jenison, dr. of Capt. Israel (No. 203) and Mary J;
d. Sept. 24 [23 by T. R.]; a. 32.
205. Isaac Johnson, s. of Capt. Micah and Phebe J ; d. Nov.
26 ; a. 25.
206. Matthew Gray: d. Feb. 16, 1783; a. 7:3.
[Same epitaph as in No. 136. He was one of the Scotch emigrants to this place. Line. lust 3
207. James McFarland ; d. Ap. 9 ; a. 56. [Same epitaph as in No. 40, ante.]
A Note About These Pages
This is the total extent of what I currently have on cemetaries in Worcester.
I don't have a list of graves from any other cemetaries available.
I don't know how to find your long lost relatives online, etc.
Futher information on this subject can be probably be found at the Worcester Historical Society. I'm not a member, and don't know much about what they have, but I'm sure it's more than I have.
This is not an official page of the city of Worcester. The views contained within this site is not from any official or funded by the city in anyway.Other Features